Friday, June 19, 2009

1st Week Home - It feels good!

I love being at home with my baby boy! We've had a very busy week, it's so much different being the only one home with him. I don't want to leave him, but I still have to do some things, not much, everything that can wait will, but some things, like bathroom breaks and pumping, have to happen sometime!

But it's wonderful! We had our first two visits from the visiting nurse and we also went to see Jonah's regular pediatrician. All agree that Jonah's doing wonderfully! The pediatrician is completely supportive of me trying Jonah on straight breastmilk (rather than fortifying it) as long as he continues to gain weight and although the visiting nurse doesn't particularly like it, I get to be in charge now :) Jonah starts off with slow but steady weight gain and quickly ramps it up to where we only have an occassional raised eye from the nurse. We combined my first visit with the pediatrician with Jonah's 2 month immunizations and well baby visit so we don't have to go back for 2 months. Other than our visiting nurse, that means no doctor's for two whole weeks!

The first two nights we're home we decide to wake up Jonah at the four hour mark in the middle of the night if he doesn't wake up at his regular 3 hour mark for feeding. Then we are told in no uncertain terms by experienced parents that we're crazy! Granted, they didn't have the situation we had, but we decide to see. Jonah sleeps 6 hours at a crack and still gains weight, yea! He doesn't surrender to sleep at night very easily, as AJ will attest, but once he's out we usually only have to get up once with him to eat.

AJ attends a close friend's wedding that he RSVP'd to long ago. I had RSVP'd no since I was supposed to have a two week old, but that's OK, it's too soon anyways. My mom comes to visit

No comments:

Post a Comment