Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Day 53 - We're HOME!

My email to all friends and family, which I didn't send out till after we got home just so I wouldn't jinx us
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Soooo happy to send this email, we're home!!! Jonah was given the A-OK this morning to come home. No monitors, no tubes, no wires, no oxygen, just Jonah, yea! He just had his first diaper change and bottle at home and now he's upstairs sleeping in his own crib.

Thank you to everyone for all the prayers and kind thoughts! Keep them coming as mom and dad spend their first full night with the little one tonight and mom tries to relax knowing we have no monitors around to beep at us, we might be hearing them in our sleep anyways :)

Cheryl
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We had quite the day, my husband took off of work and checked us out of the Ronald McDonald House once we were SURE we were going home that morning. I stuck around doing the discharge stuff and filling Jonah's reflux medication prescription (which we'll give every morning) and his vitamin supplement (also every morning). We brought a huge cooler to lug all the extra breastmilk home in and packed up our stuff and made a bee-line for the exit before anyone could tell us otherwise. Just kidding of course, it actually took most of the day but we were OK with that as long as we got out of Milwaukee before rush hour traffic started. We had two cars there since my husband had been driving to work daily and I went to the hospital so we followed each other home. I'd like to say we basked in being home but with my husband only off work one day we more ran around getting everything accomplished because starting tomorrow I'm all on my own, ahhh!


Making our getaway in the parking structure at Children's Hospital.


Jonah slept the whole way home.


And we couldn't help putting him in his swing at home, he hadn't ever been in one and loved it immediately, so cozy he slept in there for most of his naps that first month home.

No comments:

Post a Comment