Monday, June 1, 2009

Day 38 - PICC Line goes in

The dreaded PICC line, that I've been fighting, gets put in today. I'm concerned that it'll introduce another possible site for infection, on top of the risks of the line itself. Plus, I just hate seeing more lines going in, we're supposed to be taking them out! But without the oxygen, I'm in such a good mood that it's hard to really be upset since I know this is only temporary.

I guess there were very few sites left on Jonah to poke though, so I know it's best they do this before they run out of sites, that's a dangerous situation. And yes, I know that more complete TPN is a good thing, but we didn't even need this last time, and isn't he supposed to be so much stronger this time around as a non-newborn? They had to have two different people try it and they ended up finally getting it on the last try, but it was in his head! Here's a photo from a few days later, I usually tried to get the angle just right to not show the PICC line, so I had to hunt for one that actually showed it well.

No comments:

Post a Comment