Thursday, June 4, 2009

Day 41 - Another low on the NICU Roller-coaster

Well, it seems that the moment you get excited and think you're almost done...something has to bring you back down. They've cut Jonah's feeding increases in half as they don't think he's tolerating it well. And they're concerned about his respiration rate. They even did another chest x-ray as this is eerily reminiscent to when we found out he had reherniated. But it came back clean. Now they're giving me completely different messages about our progress and it's such a different story than yesterday. I wrote a friend today and said that any time I email out good news it ends up jinxing us, so I just give up! She took that to mean I was really giving up, which of course wasn't the case, but I was pretty sad and frustrated today.

No comments:

Post a Comment